Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2014

How Coffee Can Be Healthy (Good Encouragement for Many Intense Coffee Lovers)

How many cups of coffee do you think is good enough per day?


In my case, I try to drink maximum 2 cups of coffee a day.



There are several reasons for me to keep that rule.

-First, I read some article, saying that more than 3 cups of coffee can make the bust size smaller.
Nope.. That is one of the worst things that can happened to me... :s


-Second, drinking many cups of coffee makes me dizzy.
Last year, there was time when I didn't want to drink water.
So I drank coffee instead. I even brought the coffee machine at home to my room and kept pouring cups and cups for a whole day in a row.
As a result, whenever I stood up from a chair, I had to feel the crazy dizzy feeling and almost collapsed. :s

-Third, too much caffeine contained in many cups of coffee can possibly hinder my sleep.
Since caffeine is known for its function to awake people, I thought this was plausible.







However,
I found some good articles to make wonderful excuses to drink more than 3 cups of coffee.
(If I don't have to worry about my bust size, of course)





Researchers found that drinking 3 to 5 cups of coffee a day could help to reduce the risk of suffering Alzheimer's disease, significantly.

-There is a compound called polyphenols. It is a powerful antioxidant usually found in fruits, especially in Mediterranean diet food. And this compound is known to have protective effects for osteoporosis, cancer, and heart disease. For example, polyphenols can reduce inflammation and decrease the deterioration of brain cells, especially the cells involved in memory.
Good News: Caffeine has the same positive effect like polyphenols!


-Caffeine helps to prevent the formation of the two hallmarks of Alzeimer's disease.









-Studies found that 4 cups of coffee a day can drive away diabetes by 25% when compared to having less than or 2 cups of coffee a day.

-Particularly, drinking decaffeinated filtered coffee at lunchtime is the best to lower the chances of getting diabetes.

-Drinking coffee does not increase the possibility of facing cancer, cardiovascular disease, hypertension or stroke.



There are several reasons why coffee is so good according to the studies.


First, coffee improves glucose and energy metabolism, and it burns more calories.

Second, coffee can affect insulin sensitivity in the body. In other words, the reason why coffee does not increase the risk of diseases mentioned above is that coffee consumption can be protected against insulin resistance in normal weight individuals.

Third, simply, coffee can be a calorie replacement. For instance, choosing coffee over other sugary drinks may lead to reduction in calorie consumption.









Of course, you cannot be certain of not getting Alzheimer's or diabetes only by drinking coffee.

Exercising regularly and eating a healthy balanced diet are the number one factors for living a healthy life.




But, yea, as a coffee lover, those two articles are real blessings for me.
They made me feel great about having coffee and made me love coffee more. hehe.



However, I think the problem lies on the choices of drinks I make recently.
I go to cafes more frequently than ever in my life in this fall.
And as I enter a cafe, I get this weird craze for sweet coffee rather than plain black coffee.
And I get one after one or two minutes of agonizing over menus.



Phew...
And the result...?


My cheeks are about to explode.
SOOOOOOO chubby. :s
But, I can't stop trying new things!!!
There are so many new menus, welcoming cold winter right now..!



:-( Plz don't come out more, future new menus. PLEASE.



No comments:

Post a Comment