Pages

Friday, November 28, 2014

New Holiday Drink from Starbucks!!

Hello, everyone. 
Do you like Starbucks?


Thesedays, I go to Starbucks more often than a few months ago. I have always thought that Starbucks coffee is quite expensive, so I only went there during the "Happy Hour," or when I got a serious craze for a green tea Frappuccino.


But, due to the convenient location from my school and home and the credibility of the brand name, I go to Starbucks without any worries of getting bad coffee nowadays.




When I went to the closest Starbucks from my home today, I noticed that they had already decorated inside somewhat for Christmas and got winter menus.




 





Inspired by the warm feelings of winter at Starbucks, I decided to search more for the latest news for Starbucks and look what I have found!


















Starbucks has released their new holiday beverage
in FIVE YEARS on November 12.




★☆★Chestnut Praline Latte★☆★



Every winter, Starbucks introduces seasonal beverages, but I had no idea that Starbucks had not created a new drink for such a long time. Maybe because I was not a devoted Starbucks fan. :P



So, the Chestnut Praline Latte combines espresso with steamed milk, caramelized chestnut flavor and spices. Then, it is topped off with whipped cream and spiced praline crumbs, according to Starbucks' official website.







These three are for this year's holiday season. :) 





Looking at the menu which is always developed,
suddenly I started to wonder who made all the different flavors of coffee and how.



Then, I found an interview with Amy Dilger, a trained pastry chef who has worked for Starbucks for 15 years. (15 YEARS!!!! :O)



Click Here to See the Article!!



So, the Starbucks Chestnut Praline Latte is the 1st of 8 beverage concepts they created for this year's holiday season. And it became the final beverage chosen based on customer and partner(Starbucks workers) feedback.



To me, the part when Dilger said about how researchers got ideas for coffee was most interesting.
We draw inspiration from everywhere – from dessert menus to fine dining establishments to bath and body products.

Dessert menus, yes, fine dining establishments, yes, but bath and body products?!?!
I had to read the sentence again to make sure what I had read was right. :o

But, thinking back, I guess it makes sense.
Most bath and body products give us warm, comfortable, and cozy feelings, just like some good coffee does. :)


I think I was surprised because I instantly thought of fresh flavors like lime, lemon, cucumber, citrus etc. as thinking of body products. Well Well.. hehe


+) Some people even said that they thought of fireplaces, pine trees, ugly sweaters, and beautiful Christmas break after drinking Chestnut Praline Latte. Lol.




Starbucks Chestnut Praline Latte has been launched in the States and Canada, but I wonder when it will come to Korea. :3
I'm guessing during December, maybe?
If it is gonna be launched, it's gotta be during December, obviously. :]





Anyway,
When it comes out, I will surely buy one and would like to think of the warm fireplaces and Christmas trees crowded with gifts underneath, too :D

No comments:

Post a Comment